Thursday, November 24, 2011

My Final Post

Today is Thanksgiving day. After driving three hours home, I arrive at my Mamaw's (grandmother's) house. I had planned on going to my home, where my father, stepmother, and brothers live. However, they are busy and left to go to my stepmother's side of the family for lunch. Am I the only one that thinks they are rude? I am their only daughter, who barely ever gets to come home to visit, and they just leave right before I get home. Plus, it's Thanksgiving, geez.
Anyways, me and my Mamaw are the only ones here at the moment. We are supposed to be eating here at 4:00pm. Therefore, everyone will probaby arrive around 4:30pm and act as if they are on time.
I'm very bored. I picked at some of the food that is already prepared, so I'm not hungry anymore. I checked my emails and looked at my grades just because I was trying to occupy my time. My Mamaw decided she wanted to do some ironing while the turkey finishes cooking. So, I figured right now is the perfect time to write my final blog post.
I have never had a blog nor did I really even know what a blog was until this semester.
Hold that thought.
I find it very annoying for everyone to send out mass text messages about Thanksgiving. I am pretty sure everyone knows that today is Thanksgiving, so there is no need to send a text message to every contact in your phone saying, "Happy Thanksgiving!" I have received at least twenty of the exact same mass text messages so far today. It is really annoying. Stop it.
Okay, back to what I was saying. The whole blog thing is actually kind of nice. I have never been one to keep a diary or anything like that. However, I have always enjoyed writing. Especially if I am writing about a topic that partains to me, or writing about myself and my experiences.  English has always been my favorite subject, so I do well in it because I enjoy it. I am not a big fan of reading and memorizing, but writing comes rather natural to me.
I am pretty busy with a lot of different things so I am not sure if I will continue blogging immediately after this class is over. But, I am definitely not hanging up my hat as a blogger for good. I hope to make time for another blog in the future. Not only do I want to be an English professor, I want to be a writer so I think that blogging will do nothing but help me find ways to develop my ideas and thoughts in order to successfully write longer works one day.
I recently re-read all of the posts I have written in my blog this semester and it was very pleasant to relive those memories for a short moment. Even though some of the blogs were about an unpleasant experience, it is easier to laugh at my struggles now instead of at the time they had happened.
For now, I am done blogging and I hope everyone that has read my posts have enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment