Sunday, November 20, 2011

Registering for Classes

It is that time of the semester again. And just about any student at MTSU would vouch for me when I say that registering for classes is a pain in the ass every single time. First, I have to meet with my old advisor just to tell her I am changing my major. Then, I have to wait nearly a week and a half to get a response email from my new advisor, so I can set up an appointment time to meet with her. I made my appointment for a time that I could go directly after class and not worry about being late. So, I get to the McFarland building ten minutes before my scheduled appointment time. Before I knew it, it had became twenty minutes AFTER my appointment time and my advisor was no where to be found. I was not very happy. Why make an appointment if the person you are meeting with does not keep that time available for you? That makes no sense to me. However, I seemed to be patiently waiting even though I was slowly beginning to fume inside from anger. Thiry minutes after my appointment, my advisor walks out and casually calls my time. She does not even mention the fact that she was thirty minutes late. Can I get an apology or something? Apparently not. I decided to disregard her lack of respect for my precious time and change my attitude into a seemingly delightful one.
We decided on which classes I needed to be registered in for the upcoming Spring 2012 semester and I left her office. She had given me the time for my availability to register on Pipeline, so I was excited for that date to come.
November 17 at 1:00pm was my time to register. At 12:30pm, I was wasting time on Facebook and Twitter until the clock struck 1 o'clock. Finally, 1 o'clock arrives and to my dismay, Pipeline is not working. I am sarcastic when I say that this is a shocker, because this exact problem happens to me every semester. I immediately become irritated and begin to be very dramatic. After a short temper tantrum, I shut down the computer, and made myself some macaroni and cheese. My roommates witnessed my dramatic act of frustration and invited me to watch the movie "Dear John" with them, because they had just rented it. I ate and watched the movie. Then, I did some laundry and went to the gym. It was now 7:00pm and I had decided to give Pipeline another shot.
Pipeline was up and running!  I did not get a few classes that I needed, but I will hopefully be able to get into those classes after the purge day.
The moral of the story is when your advisor sucks, everything else sucks. Also, registering for classes sucks, and Pipeline sucks. I love Middle Tennessee State University, but every semester I want to pull my hair out after dealing with my advisors and Pipeline. Get it together, MTSU.

No comments:

Post a Comment