Monday, November 14, 2011

The End of the Semester

The end of my Fall 2011 semester cannot come quickly enough. I am tired of writing essays, sick of taking quizzes, over staying up late while trying to study, and I'm just over school altogether. I will never drop out of school, but I definitely would have to consider a few different things if it were not for the breaks we get. I'm very happy that MTSU gives us almost a month for Christmas break. I remember thinking the two week break we got for Christmas in high school was extremely long. This upcoming break is exactly what I need to recooperate for my Spring 2012 semester. However, I have learned a lot this semester. I have grown up and started being more responsible. I pay my own bills, live on my own, work at least 30 hours a week while being a full time student, and I have somewhat of a social life. I have finally decided on a major. I had a hard time making a concrete decision on what I wanted to do with my life. Finally, I decided that I want to be a college English professor. I feel as if English is my best subject, and I definitely think I will be a good college professor. I also made the relationship with my dad a better one. We have not always seen eye to eye on certain subjects, but my new found maturity has allowed for a healthy, blossoming father-daughter relationship.
This semester has really made me realize that hard work truly pays off. I have also realized that whatever effort I put into something, is in direct correlation with what reward I will get out of it in the end. I used to half-ass a lot of aspects of my life, including school work. I am so happy that I have now grown up enough to put aside all of the parties and superficial characteristics of the normal college life.
As this semester comes to an anticipated end, I want to make sure I finish out strong. I want to make sure that I do not miss anymore classes. I want to ace all of my finals. I also want to continue to balance school, work, and my social life. So, hopefully my new habits will come with me into Spring 2012 semester and all of the rest of my college career. The combination of all of my classes this semester have helped me firm my decision of finally choosing a major course of study. As a sophomore, I feel like I was late choosing what I wanted to do after college, I just really wanted to make sure I chose something that I will enjoy for many, many years as a career after college. Choosing a major that I am very happy with is definitely my biggest accomplishment this semester. I hope that everyone does not put off big decisions as much as I do, because procrastination can make life for college students, and anyone at all, very stressful. Do not procrastinate.

No comments:

Post a Comment