Monday, October 10, 2011

My Motivation, Or Lack Thereof.

Middle Tennessee State University offers all of the university's students access to the Campus Recreation Center. Also known as, the Rec. The Rec center is fully equipped with everything needed for a successful workout. Despite the fact that I am paying for my use of the Rec through part of my tuition each semester, I have been in there approximately 15 times, in three semesters. It may seem as if I just do not care about fitness or I have no interest in working out, but that is not the case. I have intentions at the beginning of every week to go to the Rec, and workout, at least twice during that week. However, somehow as the week gets closer and closer to Friday, my motivation deminishes. Somedays I will even wake up early and plan to go to the Rec before class. It's not that I end up not having enough time to go, but I will find something else I need to be doing and work on that instead. Sometimes I do laundry , go get my nails done, or even watch a show on TV, that I haven't had a chance to watch in a while, instead of working out. My life is so busy between balancing school, work, and attempting to have some kind of a social life. It is hard to find motivation to fit in another actitivity that is not necessarily crucial. Fitness and staying in shape is absolutely important, but in my mind it is one of those things that can be done tomorrow, or the next day, or the weekend, or next week. The only time I have actually been to the Rec on a regular basis was Spring semester of this year, 2011. My friends and I began planning our Spring break trip in January. From January until springbreak, I had two months to get my body in shape to be on the beach in front of nearly every college student in the eastern part of the United States. Everyone I knew was going to Panama City Beach, Florida, and I had no choice but to tone up before getting into a bathing suit. I actually had motivation to go workout and use my access to the Rec center. Therefore, I got in my best shape in perfect time for Spring break in March. After Spring break, I told myself that I would continue to go to the Rec and keep up the shape that I had worked hard for. I went a few more times after we return from Panama City, but it did not take long for me to lose motivation again. However, it is nowhere close to time for Spring break, but for some reason I have been having the urge to get in shape again. I am not sure what has came over me, but I have really been wanting to go to the Rec. I am determined to workout at least twice a week starting this week. I am not behind in school, work is going good, and I have a pretty good balance going on right now. So, it is the perfect time to get back in shape. It is my privilege as a student at MTSU to use the Campus Recreation Center to benefit myself, and I will absolutely do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment