Saturday, October 1, 2011

Homecoming Week

My previous years here at MTSU were very exciting around the time of Homecoming. Football games are always fun, Homecoming parties are so much better than the usual weekend parties, and the overall morale of the student body is very upbeat. Last year, my homecoming week was spent with my sorority, at parties, supporting the Blue Raiders, and just enjoying college life. However, this years homecoming has been quite different. Despite the fact that I had to work all week, I was sicker than a dog. I woke up Tuesday with all intentions to go to class, and I could not walk three feet without throwing up. No alcohol was involved for once. The next day I did not have class but I had to go to work. I woke up at noon, which I never get to sleep that late, I tried to eat some chicken noodle soup and that did not turn out very well. I was still sick. I had to call out of work and I slept the rest of the day. Thursday was no better. I slept completely through my alarm and woke up late for class, and since I still could not eat anything without throwing it back up, I decided to stay home again. Well, Friday I woke up on time. So, I went to work and felt a little bit better. I got off work around 10pm and came home to find my apartment full of strangers. Apparently, my roommates decided to have our own little Homecoming party. There was a keg in my kitchen, strange people on my couch, and my intoxicated roommates who greeted me at the front door. I was not very happy. Due to the fact that I had slept most of the week and did not go to class, I had a ridiculous amount of homework. My homework was the last thing I really wanted to do on Friday night of Homecoming week. However, it had to be done and I definitely did not want a raging party to be taking place in my apartment at the same time that I was trying to concentrate. This was a losing situation for me. I knew there was no chance of me getting some quiet time to study, so I packed up my books and headed to the BAS. I stopped on the way to campus and got me a coffee. After arriving on campus, I parked by the library because the extremely annoying construction disabled me from parking closer to the BAS building. I grabbed my book bag, my coffee, and my purse then I walked toward the BAS. I do not like being on campus late at night by myself because our school has some freaks and they scare me. I passed a few weirdos and a few normal people before reaching my destination. Low and behold, I forgot my stupid MTSU ID card. Therefore, I could not get into the BAS. After I stood there for a minute, I told myself how much of an idiot I am, and I decided that studying was just not meant to be. I went straight home, took a shower, and went to bed. I set my alarm for 6am, so I could wake up and have a full day of doing homework before attempting to go to the MTSU football game at 6pm. So, while all of my friends were partying last night after a week full of Homecoming festivities, the only thing I have a chance at enjoying is the game today. My Homecoming week has really sucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment